Privacy by Design and by Default
This Citi Private Bank Online Privacy Notice applies to information gathered from www.privatebank.citibank.com or www.citiprivatebank.com (‘our Website’) and the Citi Private Bank In View online client portal operating within our Website. We have separate customer Privacy Notices in (i) other business units at Citi Institutional Clients Group, Consumer or retail banking and country-specific sites, not directed to Citi Private Bank customers, (ii) Citi Private Bank In View mobile app, and (iii) for any accounts, products or services you open at Citi Private Bank, which are subject to the Citi Private Bank Privacy Statement applicable to your region.
Citi will not disclose or provide information about your usage of our Website to any third party for any purpose without your consent, except as set forth in this Online Privacy Statement (see
Disclosures to Third Parties below for more information). We know, however, that most Citi Private Bank clients want their Citi Private Bank representative to give them access to products and services available from our affiliates across the globe.
How do we collect information about you?
Information you provide:
When you send a request for us to contact you, or provide your details to us in order to access content. This information may include name, username, phone number, email address, place of residence and other contact information.
Information collected automatically:
When you visit our Website, we will retain certain technical information related to your device, such as your IP address and location data, referring Website, the time, date and duration of your visit, the type of device used, and the pages your device last visited.
Why do we collect your information?
We use the information you provide and that we collect on our Website:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations including site and network security, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure the content is tailored to your device and presented to you in the most effective and relevant way;
- To monitor and analyse the use of our Website;
- To market our products and services; and
- For other purposes that are made clear to you and for which you have consented at the time you submit your information, for example to fulfil your request to download a publication or to provide you with information you have requested about our services
For users of our Website located in the EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland or Jersey or where we are processing your data in any of our EEA, Switzerland, UK or Jersey booking centers, we confirm that we will collect your information for the purposes outlined above. Essential cookies are used where this is strictly necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interest (including the safety, stability and legality of our operations).
Disclosures to Third Parties below for more information).
For how long will we store your information?
Where we are using your information with your consent (such as where you have consented to functional or marketing cookies or where you have asked us to contact you), we will use your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil their purpose or until you withdraw or modify your consent such as by adjusting your Cookie Preferences.
Cross Border Data Transfers
We currently provide our Website (including Citi Private Bank In View) through our New York branch. By accessing our Website or using online banking services, information about you, your accounts and your relationship with us may be transferred outside the country where you are located. Such information may be retrieved by the regulatory authorities in each jurisdiction where services are performed, your information resides or the country where you are located.
Disclosures to Third Parties
Information about you that is available to you via our Website can become subject to the legal systems and laws in force in each state or country (a) where it is held, received or stored by you or us; (b) from where it is accessed by you or us; or, (c) through which it passes. Such information can become subject to disclosure pursuant to the laws of those states or countries.
We may disclose your name and other personal and other financial information we hold about you in Citi Private Bank In View:
(1) at the request of a bank or other regulatory agency or in connection with an examination of Citi by bank or other examiners;
(2) pursuant to subpoena or other legal process;
(3) at the express direction of any other authorized government agency;
(4) to our internal or external attorneys or auditors;
(5) to others to whom we are required to make such disclosure by law;
(6) to an Internet service provider or any other third-party agent or service provider for the sole purpose of offering, providing, administering or maintaining our Website, and products or services provided or requested by you;
(7) as permitted under the terms of client account documents or other agreements you have entered into with us; or
(8) as permitted under the Privacy Statement for the region in which you are located.
Website Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions, which also govern your use of our Website and Citi Private Bank In View online client portal. Citi may change these terms at any time. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to our Website. The effective date of this Online Privacy Notice indicates the last time it was changed or updated. Checking the effective date allows you to determine whether there have been changes or updates since the last time you reviewed this Privacy Notice.
Citi Private Bank Privacy Statements
This Online Privacy Notice should be read with the relevant Privacy Statement for the region where you are located, and if you are a client of Citi Private Bank, the place where your account is booked. You will find details of our booking vehicles in these documents: